Wednesday, December 10, 2008
TOURISM TODAY is SIPADAN ISLAND
The late Jacques Cousteau, the world-renowned oceanographer, described Sipadan Island as ‘an untouched piece of art’, while divers around the world voted it as one of the top five dive sites in the world.
Malaysia’s only oceanic island, it is very small – only 12ha. in size. A 25-minute walk is all that is required to circle the island on foot. As an oceanic island, it rises about 700 metres from the sea floor, attracting diverse marine life from the blackness of the open sea. Surrounded by crystal clear waters, this crown jewel is a treasure trove of some of the most amazing marine animals.
Declared a bird sanctuary in 1933 by the Colonial Government of North Borneo and re-gazetted in 1963 by the Malaysian Government, the dense vegetation on Sipadan Island supports a large variety of tropical birds which include sea eagles, kingfishers, sunbirds, starlings and wood pigeons. Exotic crustaceans including the amazing coconut crab roam the beaches and scurry among the undergrowth.
When diving here, encounters with turtles, resident schools of jacks, bumphead parrotfish and barracudas are almost assured around the tiny coral island.
myself berkata: mari-mari kita bercuti ke pulau sipadan...panorama dan pengalaman yang xmungkin dilupakan
- ► 2011 (34)
- ► 2010 (40)
- ► 2009 (39)
- CELEBRITY TODAY is LUNA MAYA
- FILM TODAY is THE TALE OF THE DESPEREAUX
- BUDGET FOR MARRIAGE TODAY is
- FILM TODAY is BEDTIME STORIES
- LYRICS TODAY is Fall For You BY Secondhand Serena...
- GIRL HOT STUFF TODAY is VINCCI HEEL
- GADGET TODAY is NOKIA E71
- MYSELF DI TAGGED...KEBABOO
- STORY TODAY is KAD KAHWIN
- TOURISM TODAY is BALI, INDONESIA
- METRO TODAY is THOMAS PINK
- TOURISM TODAY is SIPADAN ISLAND
- LYRICS TODAY IS CRUSH BY David Archuleta
- FILM TODAY IS THE SPIRIT
- FILM TODAY IS BOLT
- METRO TODAY IS CUFFLINK
- FOOD TODAY IS SATEY
- TOURISM TODAY
- GADGET TODAY
- PERFUME TODAY
- CELEBRITY TODAY
- Tip Penjagaan Wajah Today
- ▼ December (22)